Monday, April 5, 2010

Uneven Bar Development and More

The change in uneven bars style really fascinates me. I am a huge fan of the really quick, belly-beating bar routines of the 1970s. These routines just seem more creative and varied than those seen today. I also never realized how rare double salto dismounts used to be and thought Kim Gwang Suk was completely copping out with her tucked double back in 1991. Below is a montage that highlights the evolution very well. I do wish that the montage maker had chosen different footage for the 2000s though. The one-armed pirouettes are spot-on, but I would love to see a Def, a Jaeger half Jaeger combination, and a toe-on release skill.



Here is the Groshkova floor routine I meant to post a couple of weeks ago. Gotta love the double full in!



Finally, this just makes me happy. Such a great showing of joy and coming out of no where to take Olympic gold.

2 comments:

  1. the jaeger 1/2 jaeger wasn't done until 2007 (I think), and this video says it includes clips up to 2004. I don't know why that is, but it does make sense if that is the case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good catch. I missed that part in the video title...

    ReplyDelete