Tuesday, March 2, 2010

On Shawn Johnson's Knee

Dancing with the Stars champion (and Olympic gymnast) Shawn Johnson suffered a "minor" knee injury while skiing last month. The minor injury was a partially torn ACL and a torn meniscus. As someone who did the same thing, I can assure you there is nothing minor about the injury. I am far from an elite athlete, but was told if I ever wanted to participate in sports again, I should have a complete ACL reconstruction. Her agent said that most people would not have even had the surgery. That's only true if most people never want to ski or play soccer for fun again. She has a long recovery ahead of her and I wish her the best of luck.

In other news Ivana Hong is rumored to have also suffered a torn ACL at Martha's latest "please break me" camp. Kytra Hunter was named the alternate for the Scam Cup along with Danell Leyva for the men.

No comments:

Post a Comment